Jeff Sims Photography
Usually (no guarantee), I shoot anywhere from 30-120 photos in the session time
You may use these photos for personal use. Personal use means you may print it, store it
on a computer or digital picture frame, email it to
family/friends, or put on a web site that you control all on an unlimited basis.
Where possible, I'd appreciate a photo credit. The only usage restriction is no commercial use
and you may not sell the photo without my written permission.
The photos will be put in a private password protected gallery (usually within 72 hours) that
will stay for at least one year. You may share this with anyone you want. Typically, these photos
will be the initial pass set. From here, see the next bullet.
All photos will go thru some software processing, however, for your favorite 5 photos, I
will fix them up in Photoshop to the best of my ability.
These will be placed separately on the disk and put online. I can touch up most blemishes,
some hair fly aways,
can smooth skin and wrinkles, etc. I am not a Photoshop expert though. Inquire about the
need for additional touched up photos. This "touch up" is a tough area for me to define, so it
is best to discuss your wants before your session. If it is one small touch up on 20 photos vs.
lots of touch up on 5 images is what needs to be understood. I can not guarantee results.
You will get one disk containing all of the "keepers". For portraits, this
is most of the photos taken. These are generally
uncropped so you can print the size that interest you
I will generally include as a bonus, a directory on the disk of the images provided resized
to 320x320 pixels for web pages or emailing.
Portraits: senior, family, individual. Most portraits are unique to the client, so contact me to see if I fit your needs and for a quote.
- Most photo shoots are 45-90 minutes.
- You may have as many outfit changes in the time you have chosen
- Multiple locations are possible as well, however, I try to find locations that offer multiple shooting backgrounds to minimize traveling between physical locations.
- Most sessions are outside under the shade, but I have a portable background system for interior shoots. Sunset/sunrise photos are also possible. I have several locations around Pflugerville that I use. Suggestions are welcome, but I must agree to the location due to safety concerns.
- If you are under 18, at least one parent/guardian must be present. If I do not know you, you should bring a friend/parent or I can usually arrange a third person. If I (or anyone) tells you they have arranged for a third person to be there during the shoot and they are not there, you -should- leave.
- Multi-person session are great...the parties can split the fee. Note that the number of photos per party will not be exactly equal. Typically 2 or 3 girls who are good friends works very well.
- Pets are ok. Dogs must be restrained (leashed or held).
What You Get:
- Ask if you want me to crop them to a certain size - there may be additional charge for this
- I request a very restrictive (on me) model release be signed. Essentially, I wish to use the photos as samples of my work online. If you do not wish this, I reserve the right to increase the price of the session.
- If either of us feel I can't be of service to your portrait needs, I can recommend several other photographers.
- All copyrights remain with Jeff Sims Photography
- Reasonable travel time is included
- Pricing is a minimum of $32.50 (tax included) for a 45 minute session and usually $48.50 (tax included) for a 90 minute session
- Location fees and extended travel are not included in the above pricing. At this time as I build up my portrait business, I am only charging for the time involved for the session. I do not profit off of print sales and in fact, there are no prints to order direct from me. I will be adding some additional products available for additional purchase in the foreseeable future.
What to wear:
- something comfortable, perhaps layered clothes, may want hairspray for outside
Do not wear:
- shiny clothes that reflect light
- props, letter jackets, hairbrush (maybe)